Freestyle College Application Process RSVP
Freestyle Juniors (this is too late in the process for Seniors) and their parents are invited to a presentation on the college search and application process for students specifically interested in the arts. Harriet Katz, Freestyle's volunteer college counselor, will describe the process, give suggestions for selecting colleges to visit and answer your questions.
Date: Thursday 9/17/15
- 6:00 - 6:15 Freestyle Campus Tour - starts in quad - for those that didn't go on the tour during the MVHS Back-To-School Evening
- 6:15 - 7:00 Presentation by Ms. Katz in Freestyle Film Room
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Planning for college: how to make a college list; what questions to ask admissions counselors
- Applying to Visual and Performing Arts programs
- How to use the skills learned at Freestyle to augment your college application
- Checklist for things to do during your Junior year to be prepared for the college application process
- The mechanics of a college application: essay, portfolio, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Opportunities for volunteering.
- Careers for students who have studied the arts. What the future looks like.
Note: Current attendee list at bottom (so that you don't double-RSVP)